Greets and checks in all clients, schedules appointments, maintains appearance of business office, receives payments for services rendered, answers client questions regarding products sold, maintains client records, answers telephone
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures including filing systems, receptionist, and telephone techniques
- Ability To Perform clerical work with speed and accuracy
- Use a ten key adding machine and multiple line telephone
- Greet clients graciously and recognize the responsibilities involved in responding to client questions
- Answer telephone and assist clients with questions or scheduling appointments, or place client on hold to be passed to appropriate employee
- Take messages, including name, call back number, and what the call is regarding, then pass to appropriate employee.
- Maintain client records and files/ file finished charts
- Check fax machine for reports and prescription requests throughout the day
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions
- Proficiently handle all forms of monies
- Balance books and the money drawer at the end of each day
- Maintain a neat professional appearance
- Maintain a harmonious and cooperative relationship with clients and other employees
- Maintain office supply inventory.
- Stock and dust shelves behind reception center.
- Keep shelves stocked with food and supplies.
- Maintain a neat, clean, and orderly reception desk and client waiting area.
- Notify kennel technician each morning of patients that need a bath.
- Market ALL services needed for optimum pet health care for EVERY pet presented.
- Be sure all animals are properly admitted and discharged.
- Always expedite euthanasia’s (put these clients in an exam room first)
- Initial every chart entry.
- Note each conversation with the client on record.
- Make cage cards, name tags, sedation forms, etc.
- Check over records to make certain vaccine chart is updated.
- Explain, dispense, and promote needed products to all clients
- Be sure client received Pet Immunization Records
- Be sure Client received Rabies Certificate. -Give owner the tag.
- Itemize receipts and enter payments in computer.
- Dispense approved medications and refill
Skills and Knowledge
- Apply knowledge and skills in controlling and handling individual animal temperament
- Ability to gain animal confidence when restraining them for transport, grooming and/or treatment
- Knowledge of proper methods of animal restraint
- Ability to use cleaning materials and equipment with skill and efficiency
- Ability to perform moderate physical labor
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing client services. This includes client needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of client satisfaction
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as accept direction on given assignments. Understand and carry out oral and written direction
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary functions of this job.
- Regularly required to bend, stand, stoop, walk, sit, work in a bent position
- Frequently use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel; will reach with hands and arms
- Use strength or agility in capturing and restraining stronger, more active animals
- Often lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
Equivalent to completion of 12th grade
Previous office experience preferred
This job description does not necessarily cover every task or duty that might be assigned. There may be additional responsibilities assigned as necessary.